In May 2018, The R&A launched the women in golf charter, with the aim to increase women and girls participation and membership in golf, encourage more families to enjoy golf as a leisure activity and encourage more opportunities for women to work in the golf industry.The women in Golf Charter specifically aims to:
• Strengthen the focus on gender balance and provide a united position for the golf industry
• Commit national federations and organisations to support measures targeted at increasing participation of women, girls and families in golf
• Call upon signatories to take positive action to support the recruitment, retention and progression of women working at all levels of the sport
• Set individual targets for national associations for participation and membership and reporting progress annually
• Develop an inclusive environment for women and girls within golf.
Fraserburgh golf club is proud to have signed the charter as part of the clubs aim to grow female and family membership and overall membership numbers. Over the next two months the committee will develop a plan and agree our commitments which will set out a number of actions. This update is to inform our members of the commitment and keep you updated on our progress. If you would like to get involved in supporting this initiative then please get in touch with the office. We look forward to updating you on our progress over the next couple of months where we can hopefully nurture the next Hannah Green pictured below who has links to Fraserburgh and is a female major Champion.